I am a student at Tawa Intermediate School, Wellington, NZ. I am in Room 13 and a member of the amazing Pouakai Syndicate. My teacher is Ms Tito.

Thursday 19 July 2012

Our awesome Matariki board

Photobucket

This is my Matariki board.  I'm going to tell you about it.  It took me a long time to make.

We started by painting it black, then we separated the boards into thirds and then we masked it with masking tape.  We delicately drew our designed on the masking tape.  After that we used a crafting knife to cut out our design and peal the masking tape inside the design. We painted our design and then once it was dry we pealed off the rest of the masking tape and we painted some areas black again, cause the masking tape took some of the black paint with it.  So that's how they were made now I'm going to tell you what the pictures mean.

The top third represents new growth. It has a mother eagle flying back to her nest in a tree to watch her eggs.

The middle third represents me with my family as golden eagles and my home as a tree.

The bottom third represents Matariki with three Matariki kites (manu aute) in a triangle to form a Maori
symbol.

Here are some pics of me working on my Matariki board.



Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. That is such an awesome matariki board Sean.. fantastic wall art :-)

    Well Done,
    Dad.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my Blog. I appreciate comments that can help me improve.